Thursday, January 5, 2012

If you're not happy Now. . .

I don't really have time to be writing a blog. . .but it is time.  I have had this little chunk of Internet space for two years now and I am ready.  My intention here is to share my personal experience with healing and to offer a forum for a conversation to take place around various topics such as yoga, healing, spirituality, conscious parenting/living, and holistic health.  I have spent over a decade now studying, practicing and offering healing from many traditions including Ayurveda, energy healing, vibrational medicine, Sufi spiritual healing, herbs, aromatherapy, etc.  One of the most important things I have learned is that "healing" is very different from "curing."  To embark on a healing journey we must be willing to let go of what we think is best for us and offer ourselves to a deeper process that is as unique as each of us.  A certain combination of practices may work for one and not another--but the key is to continue to seek; not to give up.  Usually a combination of modalities (rather than just one thing) is necessary and it may take some time (yes, years) to find what works.  But it is out there-or IN there as I have come to find. 

I teach and practice yoga and I love to run.  Since having kids, running has become one of my spiritual practices! At home I roll out the yoga mat and the little monkeys are climbing all over me, but when I put on my running shoes everyone knows I intend some alone time.  I don't even listen to music anymore when I run.  I use the first mile to empty-to breathe out anything stagnant and make some space. From there, I just try to make myself available to whatever needs to enter.  Sometimes nothing, sometimes a major "download" regarding what I am to do next, most often a whisper that reminds me that all is well and equilibrium is restored! Today was such a day when the latter happened.  I am working on being more present to my life as it is now rather than wishing for something else.  I looked around and saw the trees, felt the sun, noticed the little "diamonds" sparkling on the path of the trail, and felt grateful for my life.  I heard (or felt) very clearly: "If you are not happy now, you won't be then."  I really let that sink in as I made my way back to my house.  As a result, I feel strangely content.  And even more so now that I have shared this with you.  Writing has always nurtured me and I look forward to finally sharing in this capacity in the year to come!  

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post Jenny. I look forward to reading more. Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fresh breath of air... What a beautiful start from a truly earthy person. Looking forward to being inspired...

    ReplyDelete